Viña Salceda Reserva 2013
The aroma of maturity
These are wines with an excellent character. They are well balanced with a good ageing potential. All this is achieved thanks to a careful harvest of the mature Tempranillo grape, collected at the optimal moment. An ageing process in American and French oak complements the virtues of this great wine.
- Región: D.O.Ca. Rioja
- Length of vegetative cycle: Normal
- Yield: Average - low
- Harvest period: Normal for this area
- Climate: A complex year from the viticultural point of view, the vegetative cycle of the 2013 harvest was characterized by a very high rainfall and low temperatures in spring, which delayed the cycle and caused an uneven ripening. The good weather that prevailed during September and October, allowed to reach a correct maturation.
- Grape varieties: 95% Tempranillo, 5% Graciano
- Ageing: At least 18 months in American and French oak barrels
- Alcohol: 13.5% Vol.
Nose: Very intense at the same time subtle. Wild black fruits -endrina, blackberry-, candied fruit, perfectly assembled with notes of fine wood and toasted.
Palate: Dense mouth passage, structured, long. Fruity and spicy aftertaste, with nuances of mocha and dark chocolate. Structured, round and with a great acid balance.
[PDF 898 KB]
DOWNLOAD PICTURE IN HR
[JPG 531 KB]
DOWNLOAD AWARDS & RATINGS
[PDF 926 KB]